Custom Contemporary in the Moyaone Reserve New on the Market
Custom Contemporary is situated on almost 6-wooded acres in the Moyaone Reserve, a neighborhood near the Potomac River and Piscataway National Park, surrounded by beautiful woodlands and miles of riverside and within an easy commute to Downtown DC, Capitol Hill, National Harbor and Old Town Alexandria.
Sun, warmth, and the natural setting blend beautifully in this top-quality custom 4 bedroom 4 bath custom-built house. Tall, 9’+ ceilings and walls of south-facing windows bathe the house with light. Enter into the main floor with ample-sized rooms including a large living room, separate dining room, and kitchen made for entertaining with hickory cabinetry a breakfast bar and a walk-in pantry. The kitchen opens to a family room with a gas fireplace and separate office.
The main floor also offers a private side with two bedrooms with walk-in closets and joined by a jack-and-jill full bath and a spacious Master Suite with two walk-in closets, a cathedral ceiling, a wall of windows and doors leading to the deck and an ensuite bath complete with dual vanities, large enclosed shower with seating and jacuzzi tub.
The lower level, with its oversized walkout stairs includes a second family room, bedroom, bath, additional bonus room and an amazing 1,700 sf storage/workshop space.
The house is an Energy Star Certified (SMECO), has zoned Geothermal heating, cooling, & hot water and is supported by an automatic standby generator.
All this and located in the Moyaone Reserve, Piscataway Park’s Scenic Easement preserve, it is surrounded by 2000 acres of beautiful woods and fields and parkland. Community Swimming Pool. Hike, Bike, Paddle, Fish, Just Enjoy. Take Yoga Classes, Eat Organic Vegetables, Relax and Have a Massage.
- Almost 6 acres in the Moyaone Reserve within the Mount Vernon Historic Viewshed. Backs to 81 acres with two ten acres properties across the street insuring privacy; Federal Scenic Easements protect the wooded character and give home owners a discount on their property tax.
- 4 bedroom 4 bath custom-built house with over 4,000 sf of heated space.
- Master Bedroom Bath Suite has 9’+ ceiling, ceiling fan, a wall of windows and walkout to deck, 2 walk-in closets with custom shelving, and fantastic bath with dual vanities, oversized shower with seating, a jacuzzi tub surrounded by windows with automated shades, linen closet, heated floor.
- Wide hallways, oversized door entries and levers, for easy, accessible design.
- Kitchen has breakfast bar, hickory cabinets, and separate walk-in pantry. Range hood vents to the outside, wiring in place for garbage disposal, wall oven and dishwasher are sited for easy access.
- Main level family room is complete with gas fireplace and opens to deck.
- Large rear deck with 2 SunSetter motorized awnings, access to family, living and master bedroom.
- An “Energy Star Certified” (SMECO). Geothermal heating, cooling and hot water. Three separate HVAC zones – bedroom wing, living-dining-kitchen-family room, lower level. Automatic standby generator. Three owned 100 gallon propane tanks almost 3/4 full. Sump pump. 300 amp electric. Fire suppression sprinkler system. Hardwired security system and wrought iron security gates on all lower level openings.
- Oversized 2-car attached garage with room with bonus room framed in second story space along with additional oversized 1-car detached garage. Electric garage doors for all bays. Plenty of driveway spaces.
- Verizon FIOS at property; TV antenna in attic.
- Lower level includes second family, bedroom, bath, bonus room, and enormous 1,700 sf storage/workshop space. Oversized walkout stairs.