Contemporary House for Sale on 5 Acres in the Moyaone Reserve. Now with a new, lowered price!
Perched on the crest of a hill and beautifully sited on 5 acres in the Moyaone Reserve, this unique four bedroom, 2 1/2 bath contemporary house inspires with its stunning architecture, tranquil setting and beautiful views.
The light-filled interior is open, spacious and inviting with beautiful views from every room. The living spaces feature handsome Canadian hardwoods, stone floors and fireplace, and a dramatic vaulted ceiling that is open to the bedroom wing on the second level.
The chef’s stainless and granite kitchen is perfect for entertaining large parties as well as intimate get-togethers. Features include a prep sink, breakfast bar and a floor-to-ceiling credenza in the adjoining dining room.
- 4 bedrooms, 2 and 1/2 baths, and study
- Spacious living/family room with natural stone flooring, soaring stone fireplace, vaulted ceilings, a wall of windows
- Bedroom level overlooks living/family room
- Gourmet kitchen with high-end appliances, granite countertops, stainless steel, custom cabinetry, breakfast bar, opens to dining room and wrap-around deck
- Prep sink in kitchen with instant hot water
- Upgraded Pella windows and doors throughout
- Main level bedroom
- Abundance of natural materials – stone, wood, glass – complements the natural environment
- Finished lower level with large family room, second fireplace, stone wall and hearth, bonus study and separate laundry room/workshop/storage opens to yard
- Paved circular driveway
- Property backs to Piscataway National Park
The Moyaone Reserve
Moyaone Reserve is a community with a long tradition of preserving the natural environment. Named for a Piscataway Indian village that occupied the site until 1623, this nature lover’s paradise was designed to ensure that the view from Mount Vernon across the river would never be marred by development. Its 200 houses, most on lots of five acres or more, are tucked under canopies of hardwoods along miles of private gravel roads
A wooded community, it is contiguous to Piscataway National Park and just across the Potomac River from George Washington’s Mt. Vernon estate. Miles of hiking and biking trails, kayak and canoe launch sites, and a community swimming pool are all close-by.